Friday 19 March 2010

Pigs' Paradise

We have spent this past week putting up a pig house and fencing off a quarter of one of our fields - I say 'we' but that was actually Ben with me providing refreshments as the weather was warm. Then my turn came in hacking back a 3 metre deep bramble hedge and boy was that tough going. It took three days and I have scars to prove it! We had hoped to leave it and let the pigs deal with it but the 'fence' in the middle of it was in a sad state of disrepair and, at pig level, represented a nice open door to the complete freedom of all of the lands of La Chapelle du Bois.

There is still a tiny bit of fencing to do in the brambles but apparently the pigs need to stay in their house for a couple of days at first until they know that this is now home.

I'm happy and relieved to now declare that we are ready for our pigs.

No comments:

Post a Comment